Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Dear BVG





I don't mean to complain, and while I admit to a general laziness ... stairs don't scare me ... but this is silly. 

A major stop on your U7 subway line has two access points to the trains. Both sides have stairs going up and down. In addition one side has an escalator going UP, the other side has an escalator going DOWN. This is very nice and extremely efficient for a subway stop with no elevator.

Good public sector workers, bonus points.

The problem I see this past week is what happens when one of those staircases closes. The UP escalator has obviously broken and needs extensive work which I'm certain you are doing something about... even though I have yet to see anyone working on it. Surely you're waiting on parts, or that ONE guy in the whole city who knows how to fix this horrific problem, I get it.

What I don't get is why the one remaining escalator has not been switched to be an UP escalator... Today is the 2nd time I've helped a very thankful mother carry her stroller and precious cargo up the stairs, climbing right along an escalator going DOWN.

Ahem... Did anyone even consider to flip the switch which makes the remaining DOWN escalator go UP?

(editor's note)
Photo was shamelessly stolen from the Interwebs... I have been too busy helping mothers up the stairs to take a photo. The actual stop I am complaining about is Adenauerplatz.

 post signature

No comments: